Here at @CieloTierra
we have been busy identifying a suitable structure and form for our continued endeavours and ongoing operations.
This land is currently in private ownership, with both of the owners being resident abroad.
In 2019, @adam
was appointed as temporary custodian of the land.
The finca continues to be maintained with the support of @colectivo cielotierra
Having consulted with both the owners and users of the land, it is now our stated intention;
1. To go forward with an outline proposal for the creation of a "nature-based land-trust"
for the purposes of:
- conserving, protecting and restoring natural rural landscapes,
- reconnecting diasporic peoples with place,
- encouraging biological diversity and habitat preservation,
- supporting restorative farming and localised afforestation projects.
2. To identify best practise exemplars of existing or similar intentional community initiatives.
3. To review the legislative requirements of establishing such a land-trust model
4. To outline the process, procedure and costs associated with this proposed restructuring.
5. To establish a clear and transparent framework for operations,
being both accessible and comprehendable by all collaborators and other interested parties.
"An output of this project will be to present this work as a replicatable instrument, to be made available under an Educational Community License or similar, for the purposes of regenerative education and as a direct positive action for a changing world."Interested in participating?
join the discussion on #Matrix